- Lessons with Karen (BHS11 & BHS Examiner) add £3.00 to lesson price.
- Group lessons are 1 hour duration but will be reduced to 3/4 hour if 3 or less people on the lesson.
- Children are age 15 and under.
- Lessons are available on your own horse and pony - prices as above.
- Boots or sturdy shoe with small block heel MUST be worn (Trainers must not be worn)
- Riding Hat hire is available at £2.00 per lesson, but it is strongly recommended that you purchase your own hat and that it meets the new 2016/17 required standards. If you are unsure please see your instructor.
- Annual Membership available (pre-requisite of Pony Club) - special privileges and discounts for members.
- Cancel the day before with no charge.
- 50% of lesson charge if cancelled on the same day.
- Cancellation within 4 hours of your lesson, or no shows, will be 100% lesson charge.
Visit the BHS Website
We are a BHS approved centre offering Training for all BHS Assessments.
- Private tuition, group sessions and 1 Day intensive preparation / assessment lessons are available.
- Chief Instructor Mrs Karen Norris BHSII - BHS Assessor
- Mr Richard Greenhalgh BHSII - Senior Instructor and Road Safety Assessor
- Kayleigh Browne BHSAI BHS Stage 4 care
BHS Stage 1 & 2 Assessment course
Beginning in the new year Time and day TBA
2018 Preparation Days for BHS Assessments & Skills Book sign off
BHS Assessment Preparation Days are invaluable to anyone preparing for, or taking BHS Assessments.
- BHS Stage 1 - Mornings 10am to 12 noon - Ride = £55 (Both sections £100)
- BHS Stage 1 - Afternoons 12.30pm to 3pm - Care = £55
- BHS Stage 1 - Preparation Dates: Monday 29th January & Monday 23rd April
- BHS Stage 2 - Mornings 10am to 12.30pm - Ride = £65 (Both sections £120)
- BHS Stage 2 - Afternoons 1.30pm to 4pm - Care / Lunge / Stable Management = £65
- BHS Stage 2 - Preparation Dates: Monday 26th February & Monday 4th June
- BHS Stage 2 Teach Preparation Days 10am to 3pm = £125
- BHS Stage 2 Teach Preparation Dates: Monday 5th March
- BHS Stage 3 Teach Preparation Days - 10am to 12 noon = £55
- BHS Stage 3 Preparation Dates: Monday 5th March
- BHS Stage 11 Lunge Practice & Or Jump Course
- Improve your lunging - 1 hour = £35
- Improve your course jumping - 1 hour = £35
- (Both sections Lunge and Jump = £50)
- This clinic is designed for Stage 11 candidates, but is also ideal for anyone wishing to improve their lunging or jumping
- Date:Monday 2nd April
- BHS Stage 3 Assessment training - Private tuition or groups when available POA
BHS Riding Safe Training & Assessment - 2018 Dates
All training for ride safe assessment fee £100 payable to EEC
- Ride Safe Training Evening: 15th May Theory & 16th May Practical
- Ride Safe Training Evening: 17th July Theory & 18th July Practical
- Ride safe training evening: 16th October Theory & 17th October Practical
Please call 01772 600093 to request an application form for the above dates or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications must be 1 month before Assessment day.
2018 BHS ASSESSMENT DATES
- 09/02/18 BHS STAGE 1
- 23/02/18 BHS STAGE 3 CARE/ LUNGE ONLY
- 09/03/18 BHS STAGE 2
- 06/04/18 BHS STAGE 2 TEACH
- 20/04/18 BHS STAGE 3 TEACH
- 18/05/18 BHS STAGE 1
- 18/05/18 BHS RIDE SAFE
- 15/06/18 BHS STAGE 2
- 20/07/18 RIDE SAFE
- 07/09/18 BHS STAGE 2 TEACH
- 28/09/18 BHS STAGE 2
- 19/10/18 BHS STAGE 1 (am)
- 19/10/18 BHS RIDE SAFE ASSESSMENT(pm)
- 09/11/18 BHS STAGE 2
- 23/11/18 BHS STAGE 3 TEACH
- 07/12/18 BHS STAGE 1